Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blue Carabao Eatery





Category: Filipino Foods.
The Blue Carabao is located on P. Sobrecarey Street. One block from Victoria Plaza Mall and behind McDonald's. This eatery is owned and operated by a Canadian and his Filipino wife. They have been in business for about two years.
I have drove by the Blue Carabao many times and finally decided to give it a try. The wife and I went there on June 24, 2008 and back again on the 26th, two days later. I find the Blue Carabao very impressive on the outside and also on the inside. It is very clean and has a good staff. It is a Self-Service open-air restaurant. You walk down a serving line and tell them what you want and the bill is brought to your table later. They have a good system and it works great.
Let's talk about the food. I can not say enough how much I like their Carabao Soup (Hinalang). I have 3 places I go for soup in Davao and the Blue Carabao is now at the top of my list. I like my soup hot and spicy and the Blue Carabao puts me over the top. The meat is very lean and melts in your mouth. From the very first bite I have steam coming from my ears and it gets better with every mouth full. What can I say, I love their soup.
The wife likes their Carabao Soup (Pochero) that is not so hot and spicy. I have tried it and it is good. They also have other great looking food. One day I will try their fried chicken. For now it is soup and more soup.
Rating (Scale 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest):
Food: 8 (soup: 10)
Service: 7 (Self-service, but staff very helpful)
Ambiance: 7
Recommendation: Very Good. I got to meet the owners on my last visit and very nice people. They care about serving good food and giving great services. The price of their food is very reasonable. The first time we ate there P118 and the second time P121. They also have a good location. I can have a great meal and then walk to McDonald's for coffee or go to Victoria Plaza. We are going back tomorrow (June 28, 2008) and take the sister-in-law. I am starting to get hot just thinking about their soup. You have to give them a try, you will not be sorry.
Open 7 days a week:
7AM - 10PM
Blue Carabao Eatery
P. Sobrecarey Street,
Davao City
Tel: 305-6696

No comments: