Friday, May 9, 2008

Honey Bear Chicken House







Category: International / Chicken.

The wife and I ate there on May 9, 2008. HB is located on E. Quirino Avenue across from Central Bank just passed the Venue. They serve a lot more then chicken. The wife had their Love Me Tender Pork Chops with mushroom rice and I had their 1/2 Greaseless Chicken with rice, gravy and buttered veggies. The wife said her Pork Chops and rice were good, but the chops were on the thin side. She loved the rice. My chicken was smoking hot. I had to wait five minutes before I could even touch it. The chicken was moist and tasted good. The chicken was a little small. I could have ate one of their whole chickens. The Gravy and Buttered Veggies were ice cold. The Gravy did have a good taste and the Buttered veggies they can keep. I guess I should be glad they only gave me a very small spoon full of veggies.

Rating (Scale 1-10 with 10 being the highest):

Food: 5

Serve: 5

Ambiance: 5

Recommendation: Average. Nothing special. HB is a medium to large place. Their is no atmosphere to speak of. We were there from noon to 1pm on a Friday and were the only ones there. The server was not very friendly and was not much help with the menu. The Chicken and Pork Chops were good. The chicken was a little on the raw side for me, like my Chicken well done. The cost of the two meals with Ice Tea came to P345. The price was reasonable, but was a little disappointed in the place.

Open Monday - Saturday 11am - 10pm, Sunday 11am - 9pm.

Honey Bear Chicken House

E. Quirino Avenue, Davao City

226-8288

No comments: