Sunday, May 18, 2008

Chicken






Category: Chicken.

I have always liked and eaten a lot of chicken. My favorite would have to be BBQ / Grilled and then Fried. I normally only eat the white meat, breast and wings. That has changed a lot since moving to Davao. Here in Davao there are hundreds and hundreds of chicken places. Most you will see are Roasted Chicken that is turned on a spit over hot charcoals. Many of the Native Restaurants have BBQ / Grilled chicken which always comes on a stick. Many sell Native Chicken which I find to be tough and small. The locals say they are the best.

Then we have the Street Vendor's or Sidewalk Vendor's that mostly sell BBQ / Grilled Chicken. In my hunt for good chicken I have found a few Sidewalk Vendor's that Deep Fried their chicken. If you have a weak stomach this is probably not for you. One of my all time favorites has been Chicken Guts on a stick. I like mine over cooked to the point of almost burnt. In my area starting at about 3:30 pm many vendor's from Samal Island come over and set up Sidewalk stands and sell Fried Chicken Guts, Heads, Feet and Skins. Most of their food is good and very cheap. Chicken Guts, Heads and Feet sell for P2 to P3 each. I know were I will be eating tonight.

No comments: