Sunday, May 11, 2008

Five One Coffee Shop



Category: Coffee Shop.

Located in the Victoria Plaza Compound next to Metro Bank on J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City. I had been going here once or twice a week for over six months until I put myself on their Black List. It was a nice place to hang-out waiting for the Mall to open or waiting for the wife to take care of business in Metro Bank.

51 Coffee Shop is owned by a Japanese guy and his Filipino wife. It has been at this location for 3 or 4 years. The coffee, food and service is average at best.

Rating (Scale 1-10 with 10 being the highest):

Food: 5

Service: 5

Ambiance: 5

Recommendation: Good. I will never step foot in this place ever again. The owner has to many rules and shows no respect for the staff or his customers. Rule number 106 is what broke this foreigners back. The ATM was off-line so the wife and I decided to go next door to the Coffee Shop. We had a big breakfast a few minutes before getting here. I ordered a cup of coffee and the wife did not want anything now, maybe later she said. The waitress gave the wife a dirty look and left to get my coffee. When the waitress put the coffee on the table she told the wife she would have to wait outside if she was not going to order anything. The wife and I have been regular customers here for over six months. The wife waiting outside and me inside did not go over that well with me and had tell them what was on my mind. As we were leaving the waitress had the nerve to ask me to pay for the coffee. With the Security Guard hot on my tail as we got outside a Davao Police Officer who just happens to be our neighbor and good friend pulled up on his motorcycle in front of Metro Bank. I told the guard to get his boss so we could have a little talk. The owner looked out the window but would not come outside.

Five One Coffee Shop

Victoria Plaza Compound

J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City

No comments: