Monday, May 19, 2008

Street Food













Category: Street Foods.
If you like Street Food as much as I do you are missing out if you have not been to Rizal Park on a Sunday afternoon. Rizal Park is located next to City Hall on San Pedro Street. I am what you would call a lover of street food and Rizal Park puts me in heaven.
I have got sick a few times over the years, but watch what I eat now. I find a place that has lots of customers and the turn over of food is good. I try and find food that was just cooked. If you want to get sick eat food that has been sitting out all day, no thanks. I like to order and have them cook the food while I watch. I like a stand that is clean and also the vendor.
Rizal Park turns into a Flea Market or Street Market on Sunday. It is one big party. It is a fun place to spend a few hours and enjoy the food and the people. Their are probably over one hundred food stands, Fried Bananas, Fried Chicken, Fried Chicken Heads/Feet/Wings/Guts, Kiwi-Kiwi, Fruit, Corn, Popcorn, Peanuts, Home-Made Ice Cream, Coconut Juice and much much more. One thing I have never seen there is BBQ / Grilled food. Maybe the city does not allow this type of cooking there.
You will find the wife and I there on most Sunday's after about 3pm. After that we normally go to Al's Diner for coffee. I hope to see you all there.

No comments: