Monday, May 5, 2008

Penong's Barbecue & Seafood Grill




Category: Filipino BBQ / Filipino Foods.

The wife and I went there on May 1,2008 at 1pm and the place was not that busy. The wife ordered BBQ chicken & pork and I ordered BBQ chicken and the orders come with unlimited rice. I wanted BBQ chicken livers but they were out-of-stock. It took about ten minutes to get someone to wait on us. The food came in about five minutes which was very fast. The wife tried to get more rice and that took about ten minutes. We both had bottomless ice tea and waited ten minutes and it never came, paid our bill and left. This is the second time I have been there and the service is still bad, At least they are consistent. I do not see myself going there a third time. the chicken was small, but the sauce they use was really good, a little sweet.

Rating (1-10 with 10 being the highest):

Food: 6

Service: 4

Ambiance: 7

Recommendation: Average. I will not be going back. It is a very popular place for Filipinos to eat. For the money and good service I will go to Banoks across the street. Penong's BBQ is good, to bad their service is not.

Penong's Barbecue & Seafood Grill

Ilustre Street, Davao City

Open for Lunch 10:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner 5:30pm - 10:30pm.

No comments: